Basic Tropical Green Smoothie
Makes 32 oz, 2 servings
2 cups greens fresh (tightly packed) Spinach are your mildest green so I recommend using them for your first green smoothie.
2 cups water
1 cup of apple chunks
1 cup pineapple
2 bananas (I like to freeze mine ahead to make a chilled creamier smoothie)
Blend your greens and water together first to be sure that all greens are chopped till smooth. Add the frozen fruit will help to make sure they are pulverized. Add the balance of your fruit.
Tips for success
- I recommend starting your smoothie experience using spinach. It is not as bitter as some other greens.
- If you are introducing green smoothies to someone for the first time use a little more fruits and reduce the amount of fruit as they continue their smoothie adventure.
- I recommend using at least one frozen fruit so that your smoothie is chilled.
- I like to buy very ripe bananas and freeze them ahead of time to give your smoothies a very creamy texture.
- If you use deeply colored fruits like blueberries, blackberries, etc. your smoothie can turn out a little on the brown side but that is okay, just a little funny looking.
- Remember that this recipe is a start. You can experiment and make all kinds of green smoothies enriching your diet.
Watch for more green smoothie recipes in the future that we have experimented with and loved!