Total Time: 80 minutes
- ¼ Cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 5 C chicken broth
- 5 bunches chard, trimmed and chopped
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for 30 minutes covered.
- Add the chard greens to the pot and turn the heat to medium high. Let the greens cook down for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and season with salt and pepper. Cook until greens are tender. Drain greens and add in red pepper flakes.
This recipe is from Dr. Axe.