- 12 leaves of butter lettuce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast or chicken thighs
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- ½ cup canned water chestnuts, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- ¼ cup gomasio (sesame seeds and sea salt)
- Wash lettuce leaves gently so as not to damage or tear them. Dry carefully with a towel.
- Heat the coconut oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sauté until browned, breaking up chicken while cooking. Add green onions, water chestnuts, tamari, and chicken broth. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the arrowroot with water and add to chicken mixture. Cook over medium high heat, until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer chicken to a serving bowl set on a large platter and sprinkle gomasio on top. Arrange lettuce leaves on platter around the bowl.
- Each person takes a lettuce leaf and puts a spoonful of the chicken mixture in it like a taco.
This recipe makes 6 servings.
(From Healthy Recipes for Your Nutritional Type)