*Being able to start your own seeds means that you can choose from any variety of vegetable, herb or flower on the internet that can be grown from seed. Not just the plants you find at your local nursery or big box store.
* Being able to start your own seeds means you control the quality and quantity of plants that you need.
* You can control when you want to plant them.
* After your initial investment in lights and heat mats your cost of growing your own transplants will be less than buying plants from a nursery.
*Days to seed germination
*Days to maturity
*Correct time to plant in each climate zone
*Size of mature plant
*How close to space plants to one another
* Insect and disease resistance
* If it is an organic seed or not
* When to harvest
* Origin and background of the Variety
*Cultural Info (how to grow)
* Keys in the catalog for abbreviations
* What year the seed was harvested
* Sell by date
* If your seed needs light or darkness to germinate